Sunday 19 July 2015

Polish Beer Sampling

I seem to have completely lost track of time recently, no blogs in over a month! Hopefully the gap between posts will become shorter over the upcoming months!!!

If you follow me on twitter or facebook you may have seen a post regarding a Polish friend of mine. Whilst talking about what we had planned for the weekend a very shocking statement was said, my friend said that he was going to spend the weekend drinking Polish beer as 'English beer is all shit'.
This did not sit right for me.
After reeling off all of my favourite tipples to Jarek we made the decision to buy two bottles of our favourite beers, then swap. This way I knew that I could make sure that the reputation of British beer would go up (if ever so slightly).
I purchased a bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA (which Jarek was not keen on, but his other half really enjoyed) followed by Black Sheep Riggwelter (I had to go for something strong, and this one went down a treat).

So next was for me to sample a couple of Polish beers.

I started with the weakest of the two, which at 5.6% was still pretty strong. I really enjoyed drinking the Tyskie, it was really refreshing, the flavours very subtle and not too over the top (considering the percentage). On tasting the lager there was an immediate flowery burst of flavour, which toned down as you got through the bottle. Tyskie can be found in Wetherspoons so is easily accessible whilst out in town, however for me I would still go towards Italy's Birre Morretti as my lager of choice.



My second Polish beer was Debowe. On tasting the beer the flavours did not quite get through, the Tyskie definately had more flavour. It did not even taste to be that strong, at 14% I expected it to be really hard to drink...however this was very easy going, which I learnt by drinking it quite quickly and stumbling over after getting up from the sofa! The flavour was an almost buttery and honey taste (if that is even a combination).

Out of the two, I would definatley buy the Tyskie again. However maybe not the 14% Debowe, for that kind of strength I would really expect there to be a kick with it.

Maybe I am biased...but I think my choice for Jarek were definatly the best out of both our sampling bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts